Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Powder Van…

 

During my resent trip to the snow I took some time at Cooma to take photos of the restored PV22318.

PV22318 was constructed at regents park and was in service from 1926 – 1982. Its body is of timber construction, with four single and two double sized doors. It has a steel underframe and is 6.25 meters in length, 2.59 meters wide, 3.55 meters tall and weighs in at 10 tonnes.

IMG_2495IMG_2488

IMG_2493

IMG_2490

IMG_2494

IMG_2489

IMG_2487

All information sourced from Cooma Monaro Railway.

Cheers

Andrew

4 comments:

  1. Oh C'mon! You can't mention snow and then say NOTHING! I'm suffering severe snow withdrawl, and have to wait till next year to go, bugger! Some details thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geoff this is going to be cruel...
      The snow is beyond fantastic, dry white powder a foot deep in the middle of runs. I have never experienced it so good, sorry but you did ask.
      Andrew

      Delete
  2. Hi Andrew

    I have a question for you, sorry if you have covered this in an earlier post but im trying to track down some static grass, and i wanted to know what brand and colour you used for that main grass on Bowen Creek?

    Many thanks

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kyle, sorry about the delay in reply.
    Grass was from scenic express but I cant remember which ones these were but have a look and see how you go. All my stuff is in storage so I cant really check so I hope this helps a little.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete