Saturday, March 5, 2011

Some Explaining...

Hi All,

Yes I went missing for a while and likely to do it again. Her indoors has taken on a more responsible roll at work and has created the unfortunate event of shifting house, BUGGER! When I bought my current home I never envisaged moving again before the inevitable dirt nap but here I go again shifting house. To add to the stress I may as well build. Well very few houses on the market cater for a train room (every home should have one), so to get what I want, I need to build.

I have purchased a block at a really good price and is only a couple of doors from Ian. Poor bugger between us isn't going to know whats goin on. Still it will make layout tours by fellow bloggers easy.

I have been doing some work, I have rewheeled a traino 44 ( yet to be tested), put the IDR MLV together and have done various other little jobs.
The RU project is back in the drawers, however some thought is going into new W irons and more will be revealed at a later time.

Displaying BC this year is on the back burner, however we have accepted an offer from the Epping club to again feature at their show on the June long weekend. This show gets better every year and to me is fast becoming the best show in Sydney if not already.

Tom Rogers  and Craig Warton recently had a trip to Valley Heights and checked out the hole in the wheel situation. Seems a 1.5 mm hole is the go but I have yet to mill one out to see if it looks right, I am sure it will.

Anyhow, I will try to post some pics again soon and hopefully keep the little jobs going.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Ah...so you are offering tours already.

    I think it is better that BC isn't flogged to death on the tour circuit like some layouts I could mention - Dungog comes to mine because I have just been to Forrestville - lees seen more valued (e.g. Bolivia)

    Good luck with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iain,
    I think you are right, sometimes layouts turn up everywhere and it is a bit like kids collecting cards, got it, got it, got it, need it, got it etc etc.
    BC was never intended to do many shows, just make an appearance here and there when Ian and I could be bothered.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete